- The poster size should be max. 1.30 m (130 cm) high x 0.90 m (90 cm) wide. Fasteners (Velcro / double sided tape or pins) will be provided on site.
- Poster location: Sala Colonne
(see the Conference site map for the exact location on the web site)
- Poster schedule:
- Poster Set-up
Sunday, October 04 2009, from 16:00 to 20:00
Monday, October 05 2009, from 13:15 to 14:30
- Poster Sessions with Authors present at poster
Monday, October 05 2009, from 18:15 to 19:00
Tuesday, October 06 2009, from 18:05 to 18:30
Wednesday, October 07 2009, from 18:00 to 20:00
Thursday, October 08 2009, from 18:15 to 19:30
- Posters Taken Down:
Friday, October 09 2009, from 13:00 to 16:00
- Style suggestions: The following style suggestions will improve the quality and impact of your poster, helping you to get your message across.
Provide units of measurement for all quantitative items (including axis labels), and indicate error bars where possible.
- We strongly recommend to use large lettering for good readability at a large distance (at least font size 18, preferably font size 24 or more).
- Try to reduce the amount of text as much as possible, only list keywords that aid the public in following the line of argument.
- Discuss only one item on each frame, do not lump several distinct issues together.
- Highlight the main message of each frame clearly, e.g. by using bold font or a different color for the main keywords.
- Do not use an excessive amount of color (so that attention is not distracted from the main message), and choose colors for maximum contrast (e.g. do not use yellow or light green letters on a white background, or brown letters on a black background).
- Limit the use of transitional effects (whose behavior on different computers is not always predictable) to a minimum.
- Use large graphics with thick lines and large markers (dots). Always check that the axis labels are clearly visible, legible and intelligible.